Impact hammers

Mike Kurta mkurta@adelphia.net
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:59:55 -0400

    Hey Folks:
    Clue me in on impact hammers.  I used one on trial and was =
frustrated, finding it difficult to make fine back-and-forth movements =
in the pins.  Moving in one direction was fine, but to go back the other =
way I had to first take up the slack in the head to reverse direction.  =
Am I to understand that one doesn't make tiny, slow pull changes but =
instead uses the impact feature exclusively?  Otherwise it seemed that =
the wide movement of the handle was cumbersome and difficult to =
overcome.
    Mike Kurta