Impact hammers

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 09:33:53 -0600

Hi Mike,
That is exactly why I quit using the impact tool. It was so slow in that =
one needed to re-set the hammer on the pin to get the impact at the =
correct spot for fine adjustments. With my knob hammer it is only =
necessary to loosen the grip on the pin a tad to get more movement.
Usually one just bumps the knob to relax the pin If you have not raised =
the pitch too far. And if too far a click down and right back up.
Wierd but it seems that once the pin has been moved up a click and down =
a click, one can make smaller clicks of the pin back up again.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Mike Kurta=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2005 8:59 AM
  Subject: Impact hammers

      Hey Folks:
      Clue me in on impact hammers.  I used one on trial and was =
frustrated, finding it difficult to make fine back-and-forth movements =
in the pins.  Moving in one direction was fine, but to go back the other =
way I had to first take up the slack in the head to reverse direction.  =
Am I to understand that one doesn't make tiny, slow pull changes but =
instead uses the impact feature exclusively?  Otherwise it seemed that =
the wide movement of the handle was cumbersome and difficult to =
overcome.
      Mike Kurta