Wurzen "crescendo" front rail punchings and back touch

Sun, 18 Sep 2005 20:35:07 +0100

I agree, Jurgen, about the firmness of the back-rail touch strip. However
the same could be said of the front rail Wurzens - yet it is just this very
property which has been the root cause of so many well deserved accolades.
So why not let us be firm about the back touch? I have played my S&S with
these three Wurzen attributes and I must say the noise on release of the key
is not perceptibly more than it used to be with the S&S felt. Also with that
firmness comes the ability to finely regulate hammer height etc.
Interestingly if you looked at the photo I attached in my Posting of the
boxed set of Damper Felts I received from Steinway you may have noticed a
white spacer block of felt in there. It looks and feels like Wurzen
back-touch to me.
Attached shows those Steinway damper felts & we went to Venezia...
Regards
Michael G.(UK)
Download Photoshop(R) Album 2.0 Starter Edition free to create your own
photo slideshows!
http://www.adobe.com/getstarteredition

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 102_0408.jpg