Damper configuration in S&S 'A'

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:03:51 +0100

Hello All

I have further inspected my damper heads and have found my original pencil
marks denoting the configuration of Split/Split, Split/Pad and Pad/Pad.

Although in an earlier message as a result of inspecting S&S 'A' Nr.278123
in the Old Green Room at Glyndebourne I was relatively happy with my
findings I now see that my S&S 'A' Nr.164082 is not quite the same:-

Nr.278123 shows:                    Nr.164082 shows:

Nos. 26 -> 33  as Split/Split       Nos. 26 -> 32 as Split/Split

Nos. 34 -> 37  as Pad/Split         Nos. 33 -> 38 as Pad/Split

Anyone like to comment?

BTW I contacted Steinway to find out about the block of white felt - also to
check they are sending me their Parts/Price List - (they are) - only to find
it was merely "packing" as I had first supposed :-)

I must get this piano finished by Thursday as my son starts piano lessons on
that day....

Now to get down to cutting those strips of damper backing cloth.

Regards from a sunny and breezy afternoon in The Village

Michael G.(UK)