Impact LEVERS, was: Impact hammers

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:31:09

Hi David,

No. It was long before the Reyburn impact lever was even thought of.

The Schaff lever is not well balanced--I got one and used it for a
year--finally went back to my Mehaffy impact lever and was much much
happier. The sliding weight is a nice idea but in practise I found that I
kept the weight in the max position all the time. I sold the lever to a
Calgary tuner who tried it--and hated it--who sold it to another Calgary
tuner.

I'd still love to get a T impact lever with dual sliding weights--one with
about a 5 inch shaft to miss the plate struts *and* the case ends on a
grand piano. *grin* Mike Swendson here I come!

At 08:16 AM 9/19/2005 -0700, you wrote:

>   Reyburn's Cyberhammer came out by any chance? David I.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-352-3620 or 1-888-29t-uner