upright side panel

Dave McKibben davespianotuning@earthlink.net
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:09:45 -0700

Hello list:

Since I've spent most of my time learning tuning and regulation and all the things that go with that, I havent spent much time studying the actual physical case construction of an upright piano, so here goes a possible stupid question:
The upright I recently saw had the right side almost completely delaminated from the piano.  I mean from the pin block to the back, and almost all the way down to the floor.
1.  Does this structurally impact the sound board?
2. Can this be easily fixed by re-gluing and clamping
3.  Is there other ramifications to re-gluing that I just dont see or understand?

I sure appreciate your comments
Thanks
Dave

Dave McKibben