bridle straps

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 23:04:04 -0700

Naw...didn't budget for it and it makes no difference unless you know w=
hat to look for...;-]
David I.

Original message
From: Piannaman@aol.com
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: bridle straps

In a message dated 9/19/2005 5:11:47 PM Pacific Standard Time, ilvey@sb=
cglobal.net writes:
Lists,

I going to install bridle straps on a Steinway upright.   No catcher ho=
le for cork so I'm using the plain bridle straps.   Schaff informed me =
that the tacks are not available anymore.   How do you guys and gals at=
tach the bridle straps to the catcher dowel?

David I.

David,

Last time I did a job on a quality piano, I removed the catcher shanks,=
 took out the remainders of the old straps, and glued the new ones in t=
he same way.  Kind of time consuming, but it looked great.

Dave Stahl