bridle straps

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 00:46:04 EDT

In a message dated 9/19/2005 5:11:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ilvey@sbcglobal.net writes:

Lists,

I going to install bridle straps on a Steinway  upright.   No catcher hole
for cork so I'm using the plain bridle  straps.   Schaff informed me that the
tacks are not available  anymore.   How do you guys and gals attach the bridle
straps to the  catcher dowel?

David I.

David,

Last time I did a job on a quality piano, I removed the catcher shanks,  took
out the remainders of the old straps, and glued the new ones in the same
way.  Kind of time consuming, but it looked great.

Dave Stahl