Damper spoons en mass

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:15:43 +0100

Phil B. asked "is there a method for moving them (damper spoons) en mass
instead of individually?
Not that I know of, Phil, The way I have done it over the years is to pull
the action forward enough to get your spoon bending tool in there. If you
have a strong enough thumb it is just possible to bend them in by applying
pressure on the damper tail - but not really recommended! Equality of
regulation will be the deciding factor!
Regards
Michael G.(UK)
-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Bondi [mailto:phil@philbondi.com]
Sent: 20 September 2005 10:07
To: Newtonville
Subject: Damper spoons en mass

Hello all.

A used vertical(manufacturer unknown) has made its way to a dealer
floor, and the reason it's there(besides being for sale!) is because it
has 'a very heavy action'. Well, one look when opening the lid reveals
dampers lifting at the same time as the hammers.

I am admitting to being spoon deficient, and

Thanks for the tips,

-Phil Bondi(Fl)