Chrome versus Nickel plated tuning pins

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:15:20 -0500

> I'm not a regular on here, and am always surprised when I log on and see
> the lack of information on this forum that is readily available.

Since you have readily available information the rest of us aren't
apparently privy to, BECOME a regular and educate us.

> The good techs know about them
> and order them regularly.

Not any more. Now the rest of us know too. If you'll describe the
secret handshake as well, we'll all be elite.

What else have you got for us?

>Sometimes, they do have to be special
> ordered, and that’s something I know Lloyd is not likely to mess with
> if you’re not a regular customer.  Lloyd is not a typical supply
> house.  He only deals in the high end, and that can be frustrating for
> some technicians.

So tell me. How high does one's end have to be, and which end,
before such privileged information becomes (magically?) known to
one? Or is it genetic? I didn't get the TWIX, so I obviously didn't
make the cut. But then Renner USA hasn't shown any noticeable
reluctance to sell me anything I've ordered, so they can't be too
exclusive a club.

Ron N