Key Bushing Cauls

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 8:44:14 -0700

Bill use to recommend epoxying 2 small files together making a handle a=
nd using that to punch into the mortice to clean and size it.   Apparen=
tly the sizing cauls is his new improved way to go about it.   I hadn't=
 heard of the sizing cauls...
David I.

Original message
From: Farrell
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Key Bushing Cauls

No, Bill Surlock sells a separate set of cauls that you insert into the=
 key pin mortise immediately after removing the old bushing. You then l=
et it dry overnight. Does a very nice job of producing clean consistent=
ly-sized key pin mortises.

What are you referring to with the "...two files glued together that cl=
ean up the bushing mortise?"

Terry Farrell