B 458198, string deflections

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:22:17 -0500

Shouldn't speaking lengths be parallel to back scale lengths?
Shouldn't a condition as pictured here be considered undesirable? In
advising our customers as they choose among instruments, shouldn't we
advise against a piano which exhibits such a discrepancy as viewed
from the front of the piano? I ask because this is an easily
detectable condition, but here isn't exactly a field repair for this,
is there?

The backscale side of this bridge where the angle is so noticeable
exhibits considerable deterioration.

B 458198

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: B458198.jpg