B 458198, string deflections

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:32:24 -0500

> But looking at a few more decades,
> this bridge isn't going to last as long one that was done properly,
> will it?
>
> Kent

Kent,
The bridge will probably be OK, especially as that angle self
corrects, but the net side bearing is what I'd be concerned about.
The strings are trying to pull the bridge left. I'd be looking for
concave crown and a killer killer octave pretty quickly, maybe as
soon as a couple of months if the climate control lets the RH get
below 35%.

Did the restring include lowering the plate?

Ron N