Tuning Pin Preferences

Jurgen Goering pianoforte@pianofortesupply.com
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 13:01:02 -0700

Calling all technicians:  I am about to start bringing in German tuning
pins of the highest quality for distribution in Canada and the US
through my business Piano Forte Supply.  I will have to commit to a
large minimum order, so I want to be sure I stock sizes and finishes
that will actually sell and not leave technicians asking for the
varieties I didn't stock.

So, I need some input from all of you out in the field.  What are the
most common sizes and lengths you use?  Of 10 sets you use over any
period of time, how many #2, #3, etc, as well as lengths?   Are 2-1/4
pins actually used?   Do you prefer nickel plated over blued and at
what ratio?

I am working hard to come up with some high quality supply
alternatives, and only with your input can I plan this in a way that
will be viable.

Feel free to reply to the list or to me privately, if you wish

Thanks for your input.

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440