Tuning Pin Preferences

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 13:06:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Jurgen,
     All I can comment on is that there was some
complaint about the "Diamond" brand tuning pins from
"the other guys" being oval in cross section. Nit
good.
     Personally, I love Larudee's Lo-torque pins, also
made by Diamond, but am now skittish about using them
because of the aforementioned alleged quality-control
problems. I also like things nickel-plated, because I
have seen too many pianos here in Georgia with 2
year-old stringings and thin rust on the pins. But I
don't want plating on the threads. Hope that clears
things up.
     Thump

--- Jurgen Goering <pianoforte@pianofortesupply.com>