bridle straps

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 23:26:40 +0100

Hello David N and List

That method of attaching the check tapes is the norm in UK. When they get
old and break and the leather tips break up and the whole shebang needs
re-taping then, regardless of how they were attached, I glue them to the
back of the balance hammer. It works. Attachment at the butt is not
necessary and is at best likely to come off in time. I do use "clip-ons" but
only in an emergency when there is no time to wait for the glue to dry.

Regards

Michael G.(UK)

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nereson [mailto:dnereson@4dv.net]
Sent: 24 September 2005 08:02
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: bridle straps

>Use the clip-on straps available from Schaff

>Roy Czekay

    That's what I usually do, also.  Someone remarked a while back that

he thought using the cork or clip-on straps was unprofessional and that

the only way to go was to glue them into the butt along with the catcher

shank.  But I serviced a studio upright two weeks ago where the bridles

were originally glued by the factory into where the catcher is glued to

the catcher shank, and not into the butt.   Only one I've ever seen like

that (done by the factory, that is).  --David Nereson, RPT