Grotrian Steinwegs - to list or not to list?

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:26:56 -0700

In all likelihood you will probably need to put listing felt through the
bass section and in the lowest tenor where the backscale length jumps on the
bass side of the strut.  I would start there.  If you still find some
unwanted sympathetics then extend the felt upward to where the tenor aliquot
starts--farther if necessary.  Do not felt the capo sections.  Remember,
they were designed to be a tuned and sympathetically ringing duplex (even
though they rarely are and I don't think it really makes much difference,
but that's another story and I won't go there.)