Chinese Pianos

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:22:49 +0200

Hi Alan.

Hence we are talking about using Vice Grips on pianos as a voicing tool
on the one hand, and bombasting one of the few good American
manufacturers on the other hand.  One has to scratch ones head :)

Cheers
RicB

______________________________
Man, that's cold, or as Confuse Eass might have said: "Mai tai diss
awgree? Yew no want Chinese Junk pi anos? Then we ship yew shiny new
Chinese Junk eyboards."

America taught the world that you could succeed making junk pianos (and
cars) that the American public would buy, and we made a ton of them. It
took the Japanese, mostly, to remind us that quality competes very well.
Shall I turn down a new Pearl River grand to rush out and rub elbows (or
replace elbows) with a Gulbransen spinet?

Such a political statement would have zero point nada dot zip effect on
the national economy or political will, but would seriously threaten my
family's economy.

I don't even blame the Wal-marts of this world. Americans universally
DEMAND low prices, quality comes a VERY distant second in most cases,
most people, most products. So we get what we pay for; and I still think
that 95.743 percent of all pianos are sold with this comment from the
buyer: "Oh, this one is really pretty and, oh look, Bob, it's only $xxx"

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri