Chinese Pianos

Mark Wisner mwisner@earthlink.net
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 07:25:58 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Joe,
Do you have customers with Japanese pianos?

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Garrett <joegarrett@earthlink.net>
Sent: Sep 28, 2005 5:03 PM
To: pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Chinese Pianos

All,
I doubt that this will do one whit of good, but I've gotta say it anyway. I completely REFUSE to work on Chinese Pianos. The Chinese are inundating our society with all sorts of "cheap" products. The Corporate types are buying into it. Hence, OUR work force is hard pressed to compete on any level. For those clients that own Chinese Pianos, I simply refer them elsewhere. I know that a large majority of technicians refuse to work on Square Grands, why not the Chinese pianos? I consider a Square Grand ten times easier to cope with than the Chinese POS's. I refuse to be a party to undermining my own economy. If every technician would do the same, a lot of those Chinese PSO's (actually it's a compliment to call them such, IMO.), would wind up in the land fill, where they belong....or, better yet, send them back to China and let their people contend with them.
End of Rant. Thanks for letting me.<G>
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police