refelt vs new hammers

Paul McCloud pmc033@earthlink.net
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 08:00:32 -0700

David:
	The moldings of new hammers are already cut into separate pieces, and
reclamped in the hammer press.  After the felt is pressed and glued on, the
felt is sliced, using the individual hammer moldings to guide the knife.
No need to glue all the moldings back together and slice them again.
	Paul McCloud
	San diego

explain how they do that.   The only thing I can figure is they remove all
felt from moldings, glue them together to make up a large molding like new
hammers and then glue on another hammer felt block...cutting apart at the
old seams?