Yamaha falling

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:45:07 -0400

I think not. That's the spring on the left cheekblock rubbing on the
leather glued on the back surface of the fallboard. The leather may
be worn through and need replacing (cut a piece and glue it in, after
removing the non-worn remnants of the original piece of leather). The
spring is there to provide a slight pressure to keep the fallboard
from slamming on your hand. It also makes it difficult to remove the
fallboard without loosening the left cheekblock screw.
Patrick Draine