tuning environment

pianolady50@peoplepc.com pianolady50@peoplepc.com
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 09:12:56 -0500

I tuned a console piano that was in the lobby of a nursing home.  It was =
remarkably quiet.  Except....one resident was pacing the length of the =
hallway that intersected the foyer and each time she passed me would try =
to sing along with the tuning.  *Try* being an important word!  I found =
myself working extemely quickly while she was "away" and only pretending =
to tune while she "sang".

And on free food...always carry a ziplock bag in your tool kit!  I tuned =
and repaired a nearly beyond hope piano for a customer just before =
Thanksgiving.  I was almost finished when she entered the room with a =
huge slice of homemade pumpkin pie for me.  Yep...all natural (oh no).  =
Made with her homegrown pumpkins and lots of honey.  Thank goodness she =
left the room!  It had to be the worst pie I had ever tasted.  I can =
manage to eat most anything if need be, but this was not swallowable.  =
Slipped that enormous slice into a ziplock bag and closed up the tool =
kit with it squished inside!  Ziplock bags - never tune without them!

Debbie L.