laminated ribs

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:21:51 EST

Terry
   Right.    I wasn't referring to  the paring out in various forms & style
at the rib ends but up to that  point.  I should have said continuously thick
cross section up to  the point of the tapering.  Wasn't denigrating laminated
ribs either in  case any one was wondering.  I think it's a great idea.  I can
make  crown cut ribs with a uniform cross sectional as well & have often...
It's a  different trick
   Dale

Dale Erwin wrote:
"...laminated ribs are glued up in an arch &  therefore have a cross section
that is continuous unlike the crown cut rib  that is thicker in the middle &
tapering toward the  ends."

Unless, of course, you taper the rib. No? Or are you  referring to something
else? You can certainly taper a laminated rib in any  manner just like a solid
rib.

Terry Farrell