Bridge notch anomaly morphing into voicing

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:11:35 EST

You may have to use a single needle to get started.  Sometimes the  hammer is
just too hard to get those little pitchforks in there.

I always do a light sanding with 600 grit paper before going to  needles.   I
do a few shoe-shine strokes with a hammer-width strip to  soften the
surface(some people use finer paper, some rougher).   This smooths the surface and
usually evens out the tone to a  degree.

I've learned a lot about voicing from this list.  Mostly what I've  learned
is how much I don't know about it and how much less I knew before  that.  Many
shades of gray in this area...

Dave Stahl

In a message dated 2/27/2006 2:56:19 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,