Bridge notch anomaly morphing into voicing

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 07:17:38 -0800

Shoulder needling should penetrate 8-10 mm.  Strokes of 1/16 should be for
the crown.  It won't do anything outside of that (there are some exceptions
but we don't need to get into that now).

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of John Dorr
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 6:32 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: RE: Bridge notch anomaly morphing into voicing

David, you wrote:

>John,

>You said this was newer...1 year old or so? Personally, I'd go through and
>check the density in the shoulders. Can you get a needle in at 11:00 am and
>1:00 pm...;-]???
>You probably need to consider 30 some stitches on each shoulder...all
around >never get good tone for any length of time...

>David Ilvedson, RPT
>Pacifica, California

It's about 3 or 4 years old.  And yes, the hammers are pretty hard but I can

get the needle in without too much trouble.  I worked about 6 -8 stitches
just
north and south of the strike point, about 11:30 and 12:30, so in the
neighborhood you suggest.  My needles went in about 1/16".  How deep are you

suggesting?

Thanks,
John