Up & down vs; side to side string motion was; false beats from ?? -...

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Sun, 01 Jan 2006 11:25:55 +0100

Ah... but you do... and many times. As I wrote a few posts back...  you
can actually purposely install a loose pin and not experience this kind
of false beat. I know, I have done so. For that matter you can
experience the exact same kind of false beat, one that responds exactly
the same way to the screwdriver trick and find the pin was solid as hell
in the bridge cap at the surface.

Cheers
RicB

Ron Nossaman wrote:

When the bridge pin is solidly attached to the stiffness and mass of the
bridge at the cap surface, you don't get these beats.