article on upright pedal pin repair

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Mon, 2 Jan 2006 15:28:14 -0500

Folks,
There was a fairly recent article in the Piano Technicians Journal on
repairing a wandering pedal pin. The author's procedure involved
drilling through the pedal above the pin, tapping the hole, and
inserting a machine screw to secure the pedal pivot pin.
As I need to do this job tomorrow on a Yamaha U1, I was hoping to
take another look at the article. Anybody remember which issue it was
in? These days my Journals aren't properly organized (this box, that
bookshelf, under the pile on the nightstand, etc), so I could use
some help! Perhaps a hint as to what's on the cover of the issue?? Or
maybe the size tap and machine screw recommended for the "Asian
style" pin?
Thanks!
Patrick Draine