Plate lettering

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 2 Jan 2006 19:15:21 EST

Thanks Phil
  Same to you.
    Sorry for the delay....Holidays &  all.   The product brand we use to
letter the embossing on the plates  after guilding  is" Zig " & it's called
Painty twin.   It's black enamel on one end & white on the other.  I'm not sure if
it  comes in black only.  We got the pen at Michaels art supply.   It  says
Manufactured by Kuretake Co.LTD.......Japan Or just go on line &  see what you
can find. The tip appears to be fine point made of  felt.
     We have a more difficult time finding  rub on numbers & letters decals
for serial &  model  numbers.  Typically we have found them at graphic supply
houses.   Archetects have used them but We haven't bought for a while. sooo
dunno.   We  have a procedure to get those on straight but I wont' go there  now.
  Lettering the plate with the zig product has become way  less tedious &
looks professional.  If one makes an error just wipe up  with mineral spirits &
start over.
   The decals are rubbed on & then sprayed over  with clear spray can lacquer
or whatever..  We resort to drawing the string  size no.s on with the same
pen as the embossing as the tiny no. decals  aredifficult & troublesome to
handle, being that small.  Hope this  helps.
   Dale Erwin

Hi Dale  - Happy New Year to you.

You told me about the pen used to trace the  letters..I am wondering
about the method used for the Serial# and Model#.  I always struggle with
this all-important touch of the  plate.

Thanks for your  advice,

-Phil