Wireless internet service

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 12:48:52 EST

Woo-hooo! High speed internet!

Last week I called a wireless internet provider, Clearwire, and asked them=20
for a signal test, as I am out of their advertised service area. A knowledge=
able=20
techician came out and found a location for the modem in my second-floor hom=
e=20
office where the signal strength is way fine. Upload speed is advertised at=20
256k, download at up to 768k for $35/mo, and 256k/1.5meg (which I signed up=20
for) for $7 more. The first three months are even cheaper, if you sign up fo=
r a=20
year (which I was glad to do).

Pages now load almost instantly. A nine-meg file which I download every week=
,=20
which always took an hour to an hour:ten, now takes 49 seconds. Not as fast=20
as cable (7 secs) but after years of playing solitaire while pages loaded,=20
enough to make me squeal like a little girl.=20

I thank all of the responders to the "Mail-list weirdness" thread.=20

Bob Davis
In a message dated 12/4/2005 6:20:39 AM Pacific Standard Time,=20