Silly Question #1 - What I Found

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 19:52:00 -0800

Wouldn't worry about it.  Maybe the keystop rail was adjusted too high
allowing the keys to move up and over the front rail pins during =
transport.
Not likely to cause any problems now or later, though if that's the =
cause, I
would adjust it prior to the next move. =20

=20

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Rick Bazemore
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 7:42 PM
To: pianotech
Subject: Silly Question #1 - What I Found

=20

Got to the house locked and loaded and ready for any problem.  Removed =
the
action easy enough as well as the wooden strip that held the hammers =
secure
for moving. =20

=20

I was not expecting to find  2/3's (bass and treble) of the keys jammed =
up
off of the key pins and skewed to the left.  Went ahead and completely
pulled the action and placed it on the kitchen island (with customer's
permission) for a closer look.  Of course, I took digital pictures =
before
removing the action.  Next, I removed the stack and all the affected =
keys.
Could not find any evidence of damage to action, keys, case or =
otherwise, so
I returned the keys to their proper position and fortunately everything =
just
fell into place and functioned perfectly.  Even the hammerline was =
straight
as could be (with shanks just off the rest felts) with no adjustments
required.  Put the action back in and proceeded with tuning whi! ch went
fine.

=20

I am curious to hear what some you think might have happened to cause =
such a
phenomenom as well as your opinions as to whether or not whatever trauma
caused this might lead to problems later on.

=20

Thanks to all who offered assistance!

Rick Bazemore, RPT
Social Circle, GA
www.pianosintune.com

  _____ =20

Yahoo! Photos
Ring in the New Year with Photo
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photos/*http:/pg.photos.yahoo.co=
m/p
h/page?.file=3Dcalendar_splash.html&.dir=3D>  Calendars. Add photos, =
events,
holidays, whatever.