1917 Wing & Sons upright 4 pedal piano

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Thu, 05 Jan 2006 19:24:19 +0100

We have a 1917 Wing & Sons upright 4 pedal grand piano

Interesting concept. But one has to wonder what an upright grand piano
really means.  Is it  a grand piano that is sitting on its long side ?
With four pedals I supose it can seat two.... but then you'd need wheels
to pedal it around.... unless it has propellers to go along with the
Wing.

Perhaps its an overly ornate upright piano with an equally overly ornate
set of pedals ? In which case I suppose calling it a <<grand upright
piano>> might be better descriptive.

But then grand can also mean very cheerfull.... in which case we have a
4 pedaled very happy piano (of undefined sort)  in an upright
position.... which probably means it hasnt had much to drink yet.... or
wait......

 Its old ...hmmm old upright grand piano... perhaps with several
grandchildren frolicking around... spinets I presume.

Cheers
RicB