Working while tuning

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 15:52:16 -0500

I use rubber mutes for plain wires on verticals and the long felt mute =
for wound strings in verticals.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  Thank you for the pic. Terry.  Can these felt mutes be used in =
vertical pianos?  HOw do they work in comparison to rubber mutes?
  Marshall

    -------------- Original message --------------=20
    From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>=20

    Below is a picture of the assortment of felt wedge mutes I use for =
tuning grand pianos. I get them from Pianotek. The two on the right come =
as one big wide one and I cut it in half. Also pictured is my key =
whacker (I mean gently but firm key depressor). (Hey, those old Yamaha =
hammers are good for something!)

    I also use the mute on the lower left for wound strings in =
verticals.

    Terry Farrell