felt mutes -- was RE: Working while tuning

John Formsma john@formsmapiano.com
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 22:05:35 -0600

------=_NextPart_001_005D_01C61244.282690D0
Terry,

Any particular reason you prefer the felt mutes to rubber mutes?

John Formsma

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Farrell
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 2:33 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Working while tuning

Below is a picture of the assortment of felt wedge mutes I use for tuning
grand pianos. I get them from Pianotek. The two on the right come as one big
wide one and I cut it in half. Also pictured is my key whacker (I mean
gently but firm key depressor). (Hey, those old Yamaha hammers are good for
something!)

I also use the mute on the lower left for wound strings in verticals.

Terry Farrell

------=_NextPart_001_005D_01C61244.282690D0
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------=_NextPart_001_005D_01C61244.282690D0--