Adhesives for Plastic....(Yeah, I changed it)

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 22:33:25 -0800

"BTW never, never, never, ever use any contact cement --- except water-based -- for plastic keytops. Unless you want to watch them dissolve ..."

Where the heck did you get that bit of misinformation!??? Contact cement has been used forever, by one of our locals. (I used it for several years, as well.) He refuses to use anything else. His work is impeccable! No warping or any other signs of warping, etc. The only reason I quit using him, is that I don't like the look I get/got from clients whose keytops were falling off, after only a few years!!! Hence, I do my own keytops and I use PVC-E, (from Schaff). It definately takes a lot more time to do them this way, but the tops will stay on! Worth the extra time involved, IMO.
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I