Adhesives for Plastic....(Yeah, I changed it)

jonathan stuchell jstuchell@verizon.net
Fri, 06 Jan 2006 16:48:28 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_0009_01C612E1.04FBA4E0
Does Reblitz know this?       ....Sir Jonathan
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 4:36 PM
  Subject: Re: Adhesives for Plastic....(Yeah, I changed it)

  BTW ANY NEWBIES LURKING OUT THERE: If you haven't found this out yet, =
pay attention: PVC-E (available from Schaff and other suppliers) is most =
emphatically NOT to be confused with PVC pipe cement, which is stinky, =
dangerous, and will absolutely, positively eat up any plastic it =
touches.

  May I ask how you know that?  Hmmmmmm?????   ;-)

  Terry Farrell
    ----- Original Message -----=20
    Okay, Joe. True confessions. My comment was based on my one-time =
experience of using a non-waterbased contact cement. Everywhere that the =
tiniest drop got on the key tops it eroded an ugly spot into it. Then I =
read some comments on the list about the stuff and, from that formed my =
"learned" opinion.

    Maybe not all are alike. What I used--and still have most of the can =
left--was DAP Weldwood original.=20

    Anyway, never agin. With PVC-E all further discussion about contact =
cement is moot for me.

    BTW ANY NEWBIES LURKING OUT THERE: If you haven't found this out =
yet, pay attention: PVC-E (available from Schaff and other suppliers) is =
most emphatically NOT to be confused with PVC pipe cement, which is =
stinky, dangerous, and will absolutely, positively eat up any plastic it =
touches.

    Alan Barnard
    Salem, Missouri
------=_NextPart_001_0009_01C612E1.04FBA4E0