Silly Question #2 - Reassembly Order of Upright Action

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 10:23:49 -0700

Hi Rick,
Do all your damper work first. That includes timing lift of spoons aand =
hight of lift.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Rick Bazemore=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2006 5:40 AM
  Subject: Silly Question #2 - Reassembly Order of Upright Action

  I bought a 1907 Conover 53" Upright (has "catcher jacks" instead of =
bridal straps) on ebay just for learning purposes hoping to get lucky =
with some quick fixes and then turn around and sell it for whatever it =
would bring...

  As my luck had it, the entire action was seized with vertigris, but =
the rest of the piano was in very good condition.  So, I decided to do =
the proper fix and proceeded to rebush and repin every single action =
center, including hammers, wippens, and dampers (now would be the =
appropriate time to grin and say to yourself "what a newbie this one =
is!")

  Three months later, I am now ready to reassemble the action so I can =
install new damper felts and new hammers (Ronsen).  My question for =
today is: "What is the best order to reassemble the action with the =
thought in mind that I still need to hang hammers (old shanks being =
used) and install damper felt?

  This! piano has the brass hammer rail, so I am also interested in =
learning where to buy and how to install the long action center wire as =
opposed to usuing separate pins to install each hammer.

  Thanks

  Rick Bazemore, RPT
  Social Circle, GA
  www.pianosintune.com

-----
  Yahoo! Photos
  Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, =
holidays, whatever.