YES YES YES was NO NO NO

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 13:59:09 -0600

Don has it right. For the newer guy that asked and all others who may be in doubt: Do NOT use F3 to compare fork/A4 beat rates. Use ONLY F2 or B1

I am too lazy and busy at the moment to explain the science of WHY but it is in the archives and many other sources.

If one uses F3 and A4 happens to come out exactly right, it is a lucky accident and, in fact, they actually will have tuned the note "wrong" as to matching beat rates, otherwise it would NOT have come out "right" as to pitch!

This is not a theory to be debated, it is an axiom and a scientific certainty. So make it an unbreakable rule: Do NOT USE F3 in tuning A4.

Puff, pant, rave, rant. (Not really, it was just fun making that little rhyme.) <G>

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri