YES YES YES was NO NO NO

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 15:30:04 -0700

Last time I talked to Jim was about 6 mo ago.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: pianotune05@comcast.net=20
  To: tune4u@earthlink.net ; Pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2006 2:45 PM
  Subject: RE: YES YES YES was NO NO NO

  Speaking of George Defabaugh, does anyone know if Jim Coleman is still =
alive?  What did George die from . He seemed pretty healthy on the =
Potter vidoes.
  Marshall

    -------------- Original message --------------=20
    From: "Alan Barnard" <tune4u@earthlink.net>=20
    1. You will allow, I hope, that I said I wasn't really ranting and I =
did put a little grin in there <G> in my posting. I have no desire to be =
overly picky, boorish, or know-it-all-ish. 'Cause I'm not, and I ain't, =
and I don't.

    2.  Interesting comment about things written in stone (if you write =
in stone are you, by definition, a chisler?). I would simply ask this =
question: Would you ever teach a new tuner to use F3 in setting the A? =
Or would you follow the example of Vigil Smith, Geo. Defenbaugh, Art =
Reblitz, and everyone else I know of, and just teach F2 because it is =
more accurate?

    3. Remember that this whole discussion started with a newbie trying =
to find his way. If our comments on setting the silly A haven't confused =
him, I'm surprised. So I said just let it be a rule. If someone wants to =
make exceptions to "rules" or common and proven practices-and they truly =
understand what they are doing and! why-I have no quarrel.

    4.  Since t! his discussion has been hashed over so often, and since =
science supports the "rule", and since it is so universally published =
and taught correctly, i.e. F2 or B1, I didn't see this as matter of =
hair-splitting or debate, and certainly not one for contention. I was =
surprised that anyone would even pick up my comments as starting point =
for a debate!

    5.  To quote Joe out in Origani, "Sheesh."

    Alan Barnard
    Salem (It Means "Peace"), Missouri