Steinway Shanks

David Renaud drjazzca@yahoo.ca
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:14:12 -0500 (EST)

.... missing from your post is the distance from the
center-pin to the knuckle. The measurements you got
from Pianophile are probably that one.Marcel Carey,

 It is 16mm CP to knuckle centre on the flange I am
holding....

 This is also the one measurement Pianophile does not
give.
 On the online catalogue there is a picture and
dimensions
of CP to screw, and Drop screw to screw, but no
knuckle measurement
given for the one kind of Steinway shank they carry.

  Even though the CP and Drop screw shorter relative
the screw hole compared with my 1901 A2 flanges,
the screw hole to the knuckle centre is the same at
40mm.

                                        Dave Renaud