Lovely OverDamper Piano

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:50:56 -0800

John,
I will reiterate: LOTSALUCK! You may improve the damping, somewhat, but you are NEVER going to get one to dampen as a modern Upright can. It is physically impossible given the Physics/Geometry involved. It is a futile effort for what little improvement can be made. AND, is it truly an "improvement", if you are negating the INTENDED "sound" of these instruments? I think not.
Also, if the customer doesn't like that "sound" then they NEED a modern piano. PERIOD!

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I