PDAs, was RE: Last Minute Cancellations?

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:36:42 -0800

Does it matter if the Window Mobile is the 2003 release or the newer 5.=
0 release?
David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: "Leonard ..."
To: "An open list for piano technicians"
Subject: Re: PDAs, was RE: Last Minute Cancellations?

David and List

I am always learning from this list, so I am glad to be able to finally=
 make a contribution.

If you are considering either RCT or TuneLab, the pocket PC must have W=
indows Mobile as the OS.  Also, at least with RCT a screen size of 240x=
320 pixels is required. (Some screens are square)  The best suggestion =
that I can make is to go to the RCT and TuneLab web sites and look at t=
heir minimum requirements, because even if you do not want to get eithe=
r one of the two right now, you may want to be able to install it in th=
e future.

Windows for the Pocket PC is easy enough to learn to use, so switching =
from a Palm PDA to a Pocket PC should be an easy transition.

I recently got a iQue M5 by Garmin.  It doubles as a GPS device, with t=
he ability to map directly from MS Outlook contacts.  It runs on Window=
s Mobile 2003.  It works well with RCT.

Leonard de Beer
Northern Virginia