Working while tuning

pianotune05 pianotune05@comcast.net
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:47:59 -0500

Hi Quentin,
What did you do to increase your speed?
Marshall
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: ed440@mindspring.com=20
  To: An open list,for piano technicians=20
  Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 9:28 PM
  Subject: Re: Working while tuning

  Quentin-

  Where did you go to school?

  Ed Suton

  -----Original Message-----=20
  From: Quentin Codevelle=20
  Sent: Jan 16, 2006 1:09 PM=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Subject: Working while tuning=20

  Hi Julie,

  I can't see any benefit in tuning 16 hours in two days, especially =
when being a beginner.
  When I began my tuning courses, we tuned only 2 or 3 hours maximum a =
day, after that you cannot hear anything more, your hear is not as =
trained as it is now.

  In fact, the thing we were working on was increasing our speed, even =
from our first tunings.
  The teachers said "try to be quick right from the start, the accuracy =
of the tuning will increase as time goes by".
  It worked for me !

  Bye,

  Quentin