Lightening touch by changing damper timing redux

william ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 07:52:57 -0500

On Jan 19, 2006, at 6:24 AM, Farrell wrote:
> That brings up a whole 'nuther question: what is the desired range
> (s) of increase to touchweight that damper lift would induce?

You're right, it's an entirely separate business from action
resistance. Here, as in the action, lighter would seem to be an
advantage to a pianist who sits down at the piano as a musical
instrument rather than an exercise machine. but the real trade-off is
between lighter and prompter.

> I don't know that I've ever read anything about that.

Not on this list, I don't think. Various people have worked this out
for themselves.

Mr. Bill

"There are fifty ways to screw up on this job. If you can think of
twenty of them, you're a genius......and you aint no genius"
     ...........Mickey Rourke to William Hurt, in "Body Heat",
discussing arson.