Lightening touch by changing damper timing redux

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:35:07 -0800

The tech flambe happens years down the road...and we've all been there.=
..

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: Piannaman@aol.com
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Lightening touch by changing damper timing redux

Having the dampers lift at let-off would definitely be too late.  What =
happens is when you change to lifting the damper when the hammer is, sa=
y, 2/3 of the way to the string is that it is closer to let off and fee=
ls more like a longer, contiguous bump, rather than two separate ones. =
 And as Dean noted, the fingers have more speed at the point where the =
key contacts the underlever.  Makes a big difference.

You can always try it on your action model...

I'll be doing the warranty tuning on the 1st piano I did this on--some =
6 months ago-- next week.  I'll give a report, and am fully prepared to=
 go become Tech Flambe.

Dave S.

In a message dated 1/19/2006 1:42:11 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, ilvey@=