new christofori pianos?

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:23:59 EST

In a message dated 1/20/2006 12:41:37 P.M. Central Standard Time,
drwoodwind@hotmail.com writes:

A friend  called last night to see if I had any information about the new
christofori pianos coming from China

I've tuned about ten of them in the warehouse of the local Steinway dealer,
The Beautiful Sound.  They are being marketed as a Steinway-endorsed  product,
but interesting...I tuned a Falcone pianos at another local piano  dealer,
and THEY WERE THE EXACT SAME PIANO.  Everything was identical on  the pianos
down to the mute rail.

So whoever makes Falcones also makes Cristoforis.

That reminds me of a joke I'd like to share with you all:

What is the primary cause of false beats?

Certainly there's been a lot of debate about this subject here on the  list...

Give up?

The Chinese!

If you tuned any Cristoforis, you'd find that painfully funny.

I haven't tuned any Cristofori grands, but the verticals are typical  Chinese
pianos; some sound better than others, but they all sound a little  thin.

Tom Sivak
Chicago