Lightening touch by changing damper timing redux

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 0:25:13 -0800

Dave,
One more thing...this is easily changed back on pianos with spoons...no=
t so easily on Steinways, Yamahas, etc....how many pianos use spoons fo=
r damper/key lift?
How did you adjust the spoons for eveniness of lift with keys?
David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: Piannaman@aol.com
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Lightening touch by changing damper timing redux

Dale,

No doubt about it....but some people like a heavier feel, and some pref=
er lighter.  I guess we only really see it as a symptom if it we don't =
like the way it feels.  I personally thought the pianos were fine befor=
e I played with the dampers.

I'll chalk it up to experience/inexperience, and see how it plays out o=
ver the next few appointments.  One of the appeals of this method for m=
e was that things can be changed back without a huge amount of effort.

Thanks for the input,

Dave S., enthusiasm slightly "dampered"

In a message dated 1/20/2006 3:49:09 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, Erwins=