Stable Schiedmayer (Kawai built)

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:33:25 EST

I had the rare occasion to step into my ex's house last night as I was
picking up my son.  She has a Schiedmayer 180 that seldom gets  played.

I reported on this piano a couple of years ago, after it had rested in it's
current location for a couple of years.  At that time, after a move of 150
miles from a dry climate to a more humid one, it had held pitch and tune
remarkably well, despite not having been tuned for two years or so.

Two years later, same thing.  All the As from 2 to 5 are within 2  cents of
correct pitch.  6 and 7 are slightly sharp, 0 and 1 slightly  flat.  The
tuning--well, it isn't horrible.  The unisons are holding  surprisingly well, in
fact.

Last time I posted on this, Ron O. commented that the stability  was due in
large part to the logarithmic bridge.  Being clueless in  this department, I'm
curious how this would make a difference.

I didn't have time or nerve to delve into parts removal, but I was  wondering
whether the pinblocks are configured differently than Kawai grands.

Dave S.

Dave  Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560