Stable Schiedmayer (Kawai built)

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:05:25 -0500

FWIW - After frequent tunings for years on my Boston GP-178 (Kawai =
built) I let the tuning go for 15 months one time. At the end of the 15 =
month period, I checked the existing tuning and it still would have =
passed the PTG RPT exam. Very, very stable piano. And yes, it does have =
a good DC installation.

Oh, and BTW, it's for sale! Better than new - $13K.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  I had the rare occasion to step into my ex's house last night as I was =
picking up my son.  She has a Schiedmayer 180 that seldom gets played.

  I reported on this piano a couple of years ago, after it had rested in =
it's current location for a couple of years.  At that time, after a move =
of 150 miles from a dry climate to a more humid one, it had held pitch =
and tune remarkably well, despite not having been tuned for two years or =
so.

  Two years later, same thing.  All the As from 2 to 5 are within 2 =
cents of correct pitch.  6 and 7 are slightly sharp, 0 and 1 slightly =
flat.  The tuning--well, it isn't horrible.  The unisons are holding =
surprisingly well, in fact. =20

  Last time I posted on this, Ron O. commented that the stability was =
due in large part to the logarithmic bridge.  Being clueless in this =
department, I'm curious how this would make a difference. =20

  I didn't have time or nerve to delve into parts removal, but I was =
wondering whether the pinblocks are configured differently than Kawai =
grands.=20

  Dave Stahl