new christofori pianos?

DCrpt@comcast.net DCrpt@comcast.net
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 20:29:19 +0000

          As far as I know Steinway has no involvement in this at all.This is not a replacement for the Young Chang made Essex line.        Robin Olson
From: Tvak@aol.com

In a message dated 1/20/2006 12:41:37 P.M. Central Standard Time, drwoodwind@hotmail.com writes:
A friend called last night to see if I had any information about the new
christofori pianos coming from China

I've tuned about ten of them in the warehouse of the local Steinway dealer, The Beautiful Sound.  They are being marketed as a Steinway-endorsed product, but interesting...I tuned a Falcone pianos at another local piano dealer, and THEY WERE THE EXACT SAME PIANO.  Everything was identical on the pianos down to the mute rail.

So whoever makes Falcones also makes Cristoforis.

That reminds me of a joke I'd like to share with you all:

What is the primary cause of false beats?

Certainly there's been a lot of debate about this subject here on the list...

Give up?

The Chinese!

If you tuned any Cristoforis, you'd find that painfully funny.

I haven't tuned any Cristofori grands, but the verticals are typical Chinese pianos; some sound better than others, but they all sound a little thin.

Tom Sivak
Chicago