Key return speed

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:44:29 -0800

------=_NextPart_38742.4475616667.627
Hi

I'm guessing the English action refered too is more or less similar to =
the following diagram.

As you can see, the key has to pretty much make it back up on its own. =
 There is a repetition spring to bring back the jack however, and if th=
e hammer is checked high enough and the return spring is strong enough =
it is possible to get the jack under the knuckle quite quickly, aiding =
in the return of the key.  That said, the key has to be friction free e=
nough and weighted appropriatly. It simply has to get moving on its own=
.

Not much you can do except regulate checking as high as you can get awa=
y with, get rid of excess friction, and make sure you have enough weigh=
t back of the balance rail pin.

Cheers
RicB

Ed writes:

I dunno what is involved in these actions.  It would be easy enough to =
place
a weight on the end of the key and see what happens.

regards,

Ed Foote RPT

------=_NextPart_38742.4475616667.627
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...